Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Blessing


Today was Baby Fry's baby blessing. Of course we did not say Baby Fry in the blessing, but its a name that she has gotten stuck with since before she was born. (and a name I am sure I will use a lot in any blog about her) It was a nice Sunday morning starting with my mom coming over to get the potatoes in the over for the after church get together at my house to let everyone see Baby Fry. We put her in the little pink dress that her grandma Clyda gave us while we were in the hospital. She looks so cute and the dress is a little big on her but that is what makes it look so cute. I met some of my husbands family along with my mom at Church and they went to class with us. It was fun introducing them in Relief Society and I am sure that they loved everyone looking at them. Just before sacrament meeting we took Baby Fry over to the mothers room and I met my friend Tara in the foyer. She agreed to help get Baby Fry dressed and do my hair was well. She is such a good friend I love her so much. We changed Baby Fry into her blessing dress which I think went something like 3 feet past where her feet were. (I may be exaggerating a little bit but it was long which is fine because that is what I asked for and grandma Clyda got it for her) I had gotten her some cute little white satin shoes that tied with little bows. Yes I know you could not see them under her dress, but trust me they were cute. We also had a really cute white 3 inch crochet headband with a big white bow on it for her head. She was so cute all in white. She looked like a little angel. To be honest she is a little Angel.

Christopher gave her the best blessing I could ever imagine. The funny part was afterwards he told me that the blanket that I had given him to take with her when he blessed her mixed with the silkiness of her dress caused her to slide from his hands while he was saying the blessing. Good thing our friend Clayton was there to catch her little bum and hold her in place until Christopher finished. It was ok though. It was a cute white crochet blanket with a lavender ribbon around the edges that I got from Lisa our friend at work, and it looked cute with her outfit so its all good. After that we had testimony meeting and of course Christopher and I stood up to bear our testimonies and of course I cried though mine. (I blame it on the after pregnancy thing) Christopher's mom got up and gave an awesome testimony, and then there was Christopher's grandpa. All I can say is how embarrassing I think he took up the last half of sacrament rambling on about I do not even know what. Lets not dwell on that though there are better things to talk about.

After church everyone and I mean everyone came over to our house. I did not realize how many people were going to come over. I mean my house is new and it was the first get together I have ever had in it so I did not know what it was going to be like. I realized at one point that we did not have a kitchen table and chairs so people were sitting on the floor and on the stairs in the back yard. I apologize profusely to everyone who was a little annoyed by that. We had a baked potato bar with chili, sour cream, cheese, multiple different salads and multiple desserts along with pink lemonade to drink. There was just the right amount of food for the amount of people that were there. (with a little finagling of the potatoes) I think there was 6 brownies left after everyone had gone home.

It was so nice that all these friends and family members came to support my family and welcome little Baby Fry into our family. Christopher and I thank them all for coming and for everything that they have done for us. I want to especially thank my family, Christopher's family, Tara and her family and Leslie and her family for all their help with getting this whole shindig together and kept it running while I socialized with my family and showed off my new little daughter. I am so glad that she is here and I would not give her up for the world. Mommy and Daddy love you Kadence and we are so glad that you have joined our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment