Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Almost Time

So the day is almost here. We ended up setting up a non stress test for Wednesday April 22nd, 2009. Christopher came and got me from work at noon where we had just finished having Cafe Rio Mexican Food because we reached some goal. (I am really not sure which one, but hey free food is good food) Our test was scheduled at 1:30 and we had arrived a little early so we sat in the waiting room. We did not talk to much because I think we were both a little nervous. The doctor had said that as long as the stress test came out ok we would start the induction the next morning. It was not a very long test only about 20 minutes. They put this heart monitor thing on my stomach and all I had to do was lay there and let them monitor the heartbeat. It was interesting to sit there and watch the screen. Occasionally it would pick up my heartbeat and the line would drop way down. That was a little scary since we did not know that it was mine until we asked after the test. The doctor was really nice she even gave me a small thing of cranberry juice. They say that it can sometimes get the baby moving. I told her that I had just had spicy Mexican food so I would think that the baby would have been moving a lot. They also did another ultrasound to check the fluid around the baby. Which was at a 12 and the doctor said that anything above a 9 is good. So I guess we were in pretty good shape. The doctor said that the baby passed the stress test and we were good to go for the induction the next morning.

After the test we went home and we waited for the hospital to call and tell us what time we needed to come in for the induction. They had told me prior to this that if someone came in who was already in labor that they would get priority and I would have to wait for an open room. Unless I went into labor on my own before the rooms opened up. We were out at our friend Clayton's shop around 9PM when they finally called. (The said between 5PM and 8PM, I do not know maybe they got busy) The day of my doctors appointment when we set up the induction I was told that I was the 3rd person on the list for that day. Well when they called me they said that the other 2 mothers decided to go and be induced today instead of tomorrow so now I was number 1 on the list. I was like what does that mean? The nurse asked if I wanted to come in at 5AM and be induced. I almost started laughing. Christopher and I had talked a little bit about this earlier in the day and he made the comment about not wanting to get up early the next morning. I told her that we might want to do it a little later and she said how is 8AM? I think that was as close to sleeping in as we were going to get so I said lets do it. I told Christopher about the call and even though he was happy that I did not take the 5AM appointment he still did not think that 8AM would let him sleep in enough. I told him that I did not think I was going to get that much sleep anyway so I did not see any reason to prolong it.

Once we got home we talked for a while I told Christopher that I swear that the lady had said "He" when she was doing the ultrasound to check the fluid level. I told him that for the last week I had a feeling that we were going to have a boy. I was like 99% sure we were having a boy I told Christopher to get ready to meet your son. They say that the mothers intuition is almost always right. So I guess we are looking at having a boy but we wont know until tomorrow. Getting to sleep was going to be a chore since my mind was racing. I can not believe that I am going to meet my son or daughter with in a matter of hours. (Depending on labor of course) I am so excited to become a mother, but at the same time I am worried about how it is all going to be. Not just the labor but being a parent and having to make sure the baby is taken care. There is now going to be more than just me and Christopher to worry about. No more late night trips for food since the baby will be sleeping and we wont want to wake him/her up just to go out. Plus who knows how money is going to be since we are going to have to rearrange our schedules to fit watching a baby. Will I get to see my husband as much as I would like to. How am I going to handle going back to work after having 6-8 weeks off. It seems there are so many questions and no time to answer them all. I guess we shall just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment