Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Doctors Visit

Well its been a while since I have updated this blog, but nothing much has really happened. I managed to lose 13 pounds during the first 3 months of my pregnancy due to being really sick all the time. To this point I have gained 12.5 of those pounds back. Looks like I am going to weigh the same when I deliver as I did when I got pregnant. Which is a good thing and a bad thing I guess. Hopefully I can lose some weight after I have the baby. Monthly doctors visits were great and everything was going well. Nothing really much to report from those visits. It was cool to hear the heartbeat each time. Mostly it was around 140-145 bpm. Which everyone says means a boy, but I have heard so many tales in the last 9 months where you can tell the sex if you put your wedding ring on a string and hang it over your wrist and if it spins one way its a girl and if it spins the other way its a boy, or you can do the same thing with a pencil on a string. Another one is if you are sick a lot its the same sex as you, but I dont know I think we will just wait until the baby comes and see what it is then. It is fun to have people guessing though and driving everyone crazy since we do not know.

In mid February we bought a house and moved into it. I really didnt have to move much of the stuff since I was under doctors orders not to lift more than 20 pounds. Its a nice house with 4 bedrooms 1 full bath and 2 3/4 baths. It has a huge master bedroom with a huge walk in closet. A large back yard and a doggie door already built in. It also has a 2 car garage. I cant believe that we finally found the perfect house. It was like I walked in and it just hit me that I was suppose to live here. My brother was moving in as well. He is renting the basement room from us and I guess he likes it here. He hasnt really said anything to me otherwise. The new ward here is really cool it is actually in our realtors stake so we still get to see her every now and then. Which is cool because she has become like another mother to me and Christopher.

I had a Baby Shower back in March that was thrown for me by the Relief Society in my new ward. It was amazing. I hadnt been in the ward for more than 3 weeks and the bishops wife came up to me and asked if they could throw me a baby shower. Who could say no to that? It was a really nice shower at the Relief Society Presidents house and everyone brought gifts that could be for a boy or a girl. Not really to much clothes, but I got things like a baby bath tub with washing stuff, lots of blankets, books, diapers, wipes, bibs and some of the things that I had put on my baby registry. My mom came with me and one thing that I remember is that my mom kept saying that she couldnt believe that people who didnt even know me that well were so kind to throw such a nice shower for me. It was true when introducing themselves at my shower they would tell me where in the ward they lived and who they were. I was also amazed at the wonderful service they had provided for someone who had just moved into the ward. Another thing that I remember was one gift that I was given. It was from Sister Merchant who I later found out was our Sunday School Teacher. It was a cute little Pink overall outfit with Winnie the Pooh on it. I looked around but she was one who had stopped by with a gift but couldnt stay. The Relief Society President said Sister Merchant had called her earlier that day and asked if we knew what we were having and she had told her No we didnt. I laughed and said maybe she knows something that we all do not, and everyone laughed. I wasnt sure what I was going to do with the outfit if I had a boy but I guess we would cross that bridge when we came to it.

So my due date was April 15th, 2009 and that day came and went with no signs of labor. None what so ever. Everyone at work was like "What are you still doing here?" and "Wow you are carrying really high, are you sure your June 8th, 2009 due date was wrong?" One of them even tried to convince me to have the doctor write me out of work so I could just chill at home and wait for little Baby Fry to come. That is what we nick named the baby: "Baby Fry". Christopher came up with this name because everytime he asked me what I was craving I said French Fries. It didnt matter where the French Fries were from as long as they didnt have any seasoning salt on them. Plain salt was fine, but the seasoning salt made me sick. Another thing that had made me sick over the last 9 months is breading. Anything breaded like Chicken Nuggets, Mozerella Sticks, Onion Rings makes me so sick. Luckly thoes are the only things that do. I also craved Root Beer and the Light Blue PowerAid: Mountain Berry or something like that. So my last doctors appointment was today and the doctor along with Christopher and I have decided that we want to get enduced. The baby was still really high and it was just time for the baby to come. We had to set an appointment for a non stress test to make sure the baby was going to be ok during the labor process which is set for Wednesday April 22nd, 2009 and we are scheduled to be enduced on Thursday April 23rd, 2009. I dont know how long it will take for the baby to come once we are enduced but I can not wait to meet little "Baby Fry".

No comments:

Post a Comment